One of the largest shopping malls in the world offers the vacationer diverse attractions such as an indoor amusement park, sea lion encounters, bumper boats, large wave pool, waterslides, and more. As an added bonus, there is a 4-star hotel onsite.
Cruises are fun, but some people cannot tolerate sea holidays due to problems with motion sickness. Others prefer a land-based vacation that allows them freedom and the diversity of nearby attractions.
Honeymooners, families, and singles alike will enjoy a trip to West Edmonton Mall. One of the largest malls in the world, WEM is located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
Edmonton International Airport (YEG) is approximately 38.5 km (24 mi) away.
The Mall can be a one-stop retreat with its onsite activities, or a starting point to visit other Edmonton attractions such as
– 70+ golf courses
– Alberta Aviation Museum
– Art Gallery of Alberta
– Citadel Theatre
– Edmonton Space and Science Centre
– Fort Edmonton Park
– Hawrelak Park
– Muttart Conservatory
– Royal Alberta Museum
– Valley Zoo
– Winspear Centre
Fantasyland Hotel is located near the World Waterpark. Although its rooms may seem a tad expensive at first look, the hotel offers vouchers for free breakfasts and attractions in its rate structure.
Some packages include books of discount coupons and $50 MasterCards that you can use at any store in the Mall. Spa and romance promotions are also available. Cheapest rates are midweek.
If you require Internet access for more than three days, it works out cheaper to purchase the monthly package.
West Edmonton Mall
– 17504 90 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada, T5T 6L6
• Over 800 shops, entertainment venues, and eating establishments
• 5.2 million square feet
• Attractions include
– Arcade games
– Bumper boats
– Galaxyland Amusement Park
– Glow-in-the-dark mini-golf
– Ice Palace
– IMAX movie theater, with 13 screens and a fire-breathing dragon
– Indoor lake
– Laser tag
– Professor WEM’s Adventure Golf
– Sea Life Caverns
– Sea Lion Encounters
– Themed food areas
– World Waterpark, with large wave pool and waterslides
– 17700 87 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada, T5T 4V4
• In addition to superior rooms, there are over 100 theme rooms
• Onsite restaurants
• In-room safes
• Electronic check-out
• Wireless Internet
Wemisphere Wireless Internet Access
There are several wireless access points around the Mall, designed for both laptop and PDA access. Unfortunately, nobody at Wemisphere Support will be able to provide you with information that will allow you to send e-mail.
Internet access and receiving e-mail work well. If sending e-mail is essential for you, you will need to investigate other options – such as a Blackberry, webmail, Google’s free smtp server, or smtp software that you can run from your PC or PDA.
Edmonton International Airport – YEG
– Near Devon, Beaumont, and Leduc, AB, Canada
– Adjacent to Nisku Industrial Park
• The airport has several live cams that are updated every two minutes. This is a handy feature if you are keeping a watchful eye on the weather.
• You can advance-book shuttle transportation online or by phone.
• Web check-in or self-serve kiosk check-in is available for most major airlines.
• Several parking options are offered, including self-serve Value Park with free plug-ins, free luggage assistance, and free shuttle service to the main terminal.
– Edmonton Economic Development Corporation – edmonton.com
– Edmonton International Airport – flyeia.com
– Edmonton skyshuttle – edmontonskyshuttle.com
– Fantasyland Hotel – fantasylandhotel.com
– Wemisphere wireless Internet access – wemisphere.com
– West Edmonton Mall – wem.ca